Water Control Device Reimbursement Information

The Residential Housing Reimbursement Program provides financial assistance to private residential property owners to help stop or reduce flooding by implementing water control devices.  If you are an owner-occupant of residential property in the City of Fairlawn and have implemented certain water control devices on your property, you may qualify for reimbursement.  

Items Eligible for Reimbursement

Items NOT Eligible for Reimbursement

  • Backflow preventers;
  • Sump pumps and sump pump backup battery systems; 
  • Disconnecting of storm drains from sanitary sewers;
  • Surface drainage devices such as mounding and trench drains;
  • Downspouts and gutters;
  • Surface mounding in floodplain areas constructed pursuant to the requirements of Chapter 1460; and
  •  Other flood control-related items including surface drainage devices such as trench drains and interior perimeter floor trench drains connected to a sump pump which empties into a stormwater sewer or exterior surface drainage device.
  • Landscaping other than surface mounding in floodplain areas; 
  • Basement wall waterproofing, interior or exterior; and
  • Cleaning gutters and downspouts.

Fairlawn City Code Section 291.011 provides detailed information regarding this program.

To apply for reimbursement, fill out an application and submit it at Fairlawn City Hall.  If you have any questions, contact the Law Department at Law_Department@fairlawn.us  or 330-668-9503.